Laser Skin Tightening Services in NYC
Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive, non-surgical process that uses an infrared laser to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface, causing the skin to tighten. Facial skin tightening is noticeable immediately after the treatment, and there is no downtime, making this an increasingly popular procedure.
You will start to see tightening right away, but optimal results require two or three treatments. Our treatments are generally set up a month or so apart. There is no downtime with this procedure either, unlike that of a facelift. An added benefit of laser skin tightening is that it is safe and effective for restoring a more firm, youthful appearance to skin all over the body.
How to Prepare for Laser Skin Tightening Services
If you are ready to set up your first session for our laser skin tightening services, then you will speak to your technician about specific things to do before getting ready to receive this procedure. Below are a few general things to do to prepare yourself:
- Do not wear any perfume, body lotion, or body sprays to the appointment. This includes recent spray tans or self-tanners.
- Most antibiotics will cause photosensitivity. Therefore, we need you to be off antibiotics two weeks prior to your scheduled appointment.
- No prolonged sun exposure two weeks before your appointment or two weeks after your appointment. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- We ask that you refrain from exercise and hot showers for 24 hours after your treatment.
- We will not treat pregnant or lactating women.
What to Expect During Laser Skin Tightening Services
During a laser skin tightening treatment session, the trained professional at IN•GLO Med Spa will use a handpiece to apply brief pulses of laser energy to the skin. A continuous burst of cool air from the laser will ensure the patients’ comfort. Most laser skin tightening systems require us to go over the treatment area three times for optimal results. Sessions normally last from 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the size and location of the area to be treated.
There should be no pain associated with this procedure. Should you be experiencing issues during the process, please speak up and let the trained technician know of your discomfort so that they can appropriately adjust the settings.